Monday, March 31, 2008

Snow, BBQs and Fitness

It's still snowing in NH. Tomorrow is April, and it's stilllll snowing. I cannot wait for the sun and the summer. Yesterday we had a cook out, and it was great! Great fun and great people. The food was good too. I had cook outs all spring/summer long last year, but I wasn't eating healthy at the time. This was my first full fledged cook out since my healthy eating/living journey, and it wasn't bad! The mac n cheese was a little off. I don't think I used enough cheese and butter and milk. Everything I used was low fat, but I just didn't use enough. I have plenty of time to fix this.

I'm still up those few lbs. I'm also still growing my muscles, so I'm not going to focus on the number, although it's always nice when it goes down. :) My pants are still getting bigger, so I'm shrinking, and that's a good thing.

I averaged 699 calories/day last week. I also still wonder if I'm not losing because I'm working out so much and not eating enough. I'm just not that hungry. I tried to consciously eat more on Saturday, and I ended up having 842 calories. Yesterday, I had a meal replacement bar for breakfast (100 calories), and then the food at the cook out, but I couldn't eat much. I'm getting full much faster now, which is strange because I had a fill 6 weeks ago. I heard it can take a few weeks for the fill to kick in, but this many? I'm going to have to check with the veterans.

I'm thinking of getting certified as a personal trainer, specializing in obesity and people who are considering or who have had weight loss surgery. I emailed the office manager at my surgeon's office this morning to see if insurances would cover the training sessions if meeting with a personal trainer before and after surgery was a requirement, just like meeting with the nutritionist and the therapist. If she thinks they would, that would be great, but that's a big if.

I used to work at Gold's Gym when I was younger, and I was not certified, but I worked under a certified personal trainer to train people who were new to working out. I learned a lot, and I remember a lot of it still. I think I can really help people, and I feel passionate about this. Unfortunately, I'm still overweight so I'm not sure if people would want to listen to me just yet. ;-) I may need to use a few of you as guinea pigs at the beginning. Thanks in advance!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't feel bad for you. I told you not to move to that State and as predicted you live in a place where snow and country bumpkins are plentiful...lol.

As fopr teh weight loss, it's coming, don't get stuck on the number.

Alison... said...

sign me up for the training, i'll be your pig.

hehe

sorry, couldn't resist.

lanie said...

Cookout was awesome!!! Food was so yummy it's hard to believe it was so healthy! I would love to be a g.p.! Well, love is pushing it...I'd be a little scared of the work outs, but i bet then i'd lose some weight!!! Great idea...bet you're a natural!