Thursday, March 6, 2008

The slow climb to 100

Today I was one lb closer to my mega goal of 100 lbs, as I reached 94. TJ says I'll hit 100 by the time he's back from Brazil on March 18th, so now that's my goal. 6 lbs in two weeks. It's possible.

I have been terrible about working out this week - just when I was doing so well, I have a million and one excuses that I've written about on Phatbusters, but the point is, today is day 5 in the week, and I've already skipped two days of working out (by day 4). I only require that I work out 5 out of 7 days each week, and I'll do that for sure, but my preference is 6 days, and I've blown that.

I wonder if I could lose 6 lbs by Saturday. Probably not, huh?. It would be a nice trip to give myself as I fly to AZ! I'm 22 lbs lighter than I was when I flew about 6 weeks ago. That's a pretty cool thing!

I'm not sure if I mentioned it, but D and I got a new boat this weekend. By new, I mean an '87, but not a '64 as we had before. LOL I absolutely cannot WAIT until the water thaws and we can put her in! I have to come up with a name for her, and I'd like it to be something about my new lease on life... Any suggestions, dear readers?

I'm shopping for tubes and water skis, and I plan to spend my entire summer on the water. My Mom and Dad bought me a coat from LL Bean that was too small (although it would probably fit now), and my Mom was very eager for me to return it so it wasn't wasted (but it probably wouldn't have been since it would fit now - haha, but anyway!), so now I have a gift certificate to LL Bean, and I'm going to put that toward the price of a Kayak.

Imagine this work out: coming home after a stressful/annoying/worky/work day, and rather than changing into gross gym clothes and shuffling off to a smelly gym, jumping into a kayak, and exploring nature and the beauty outside while getting a great work out! Yes please! So that's going to be my next purchase.

Seriously, though, we need this snow and ice to leave - ASAP would be great.

KC

2 comments:

Alison... said...

You call 6 months a slow climb to 100?

You slay me

Here is a name for your boat... how about SALLY SUNNY

Kitty said...

Kayaks... good choice! We've had our kayaks for 5 years and absolutely love them. Home from work ... jump in our suits ... hit the lake. The best stress reliever. Can't wait to kayak this summer... everything will be easier.