Monday, March 3, 2008

Two in 3000

I just read on one of my Yahoo Groups that there has only been one women, out of 3000 women banded, who has ever lost 150 lbs in one year. There have been a number of men who have been able to, because their body's have so much more muscle mass to begin with, but only one woman, and she runs several miles each day.

It is ON.

I need to be #2. Actually, I need to beat this record. ;-) I would like to be the one woman who has ever lost 175 lbs in one year. That means, I need to lose 82 lbs in the next 6 months, or average a 3 lb loss every week for the next 6 months.

I'm pretty sure I won't have trouble hitting the 150, but 175 may be a stretch. We'll see soon enough. I know it's not a contest or a race - I'm just insanely competitive, and I can't help it. I will be happy with any weight loss, but I'm going to work toward this goal, because I just love having goals.

Time to go to the gym! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go for it! Good Luck!

T

Alison... said...

You're turning into a crazy over achiever... well you already were I suppose but you're crazier than ever. I guess it's good that you're over achieving in the area of weight loss!

Stephanie Carnes said...

Love it!

Well, if you create a 1500 calorie deficit per day through diet and exercise, you should lose three lbs./week! Of course, that's theoretically true - real life doesn't always fit in the formula.

But I believe you can do it!

Andria said...

You should start running with me. We can do marathons together :) Yay!