Monday, March 3, 2008

Happy Anniversary To Me

Six months ago, I started this journey. I was down another lb today, so that was 93 lbs ago. I've averaged 15.5 lbs/month since the beginning. My first month, I was down 35, another month, it was more like 8, this month, I'm down about 12 lbs, so it fluctuates. The past two weeks I've averaged a 4 lb loss per week, but that may have been because I just had a fill...who knows. The average bandster loses about 4-6 lbs/month. It is a much slower weight loss than many other methods, and that's the point for many of us.

I may still be in the honeymoon phase, which is why I'm losing faster, or it may just be my metabolism. I know that there are people who try as hard as me without seeing the same results, and I feel fortunate. I also know that if I slow to a 4-6 lb/month loss, I will be perfectly fine with that...as long as the scale is steadily moving in the right direction... This isn't a race for me, and as I've said before, I'm glad I've had the time to slowly make changes in my diet.

When I first had the lap band, my nutritionist had me eating 1400-1600 calories per day. Five months later, that's what I ended up eating yesterday in an attempt to spike my metabolism. As my MD has slowly cut back my calories, I have been ready as I am learning healthy hints as I go, and my appetite continues to shrink.

The beginning of next September will be my one year anniversary of weight loss, and 11 months as a bandster. I would love to be down another 60-75 lbs by then, but we'll see. I'm 7 lbs away from the "century club" - the group that has lost at least 100 lbs. That will be a very nice milestone, and I plan to hit it at some point during this month.

Wish me luck!

KC

2 comments:

Alison... said...

I'm glad the spiking of the calories worked, you should do that more often!

Kristen said...

I didn't like it! LOL - Isn't that funny? I'd rather just eat my normal thang.