Monday, March 24, 2008

Breaking Bread

We had a lovely Easter dinner at Lanie and Billy's yesterday. They put out an amazing spread of carrot soup with sour cream and dill pesto, marinated grilled lamb, filet mignon, green bean casserole cooked with Chardonnay and Parmesan cheese, mixed greens with mandarin oranges, scalloped potatoes, spanakopita, and dinner rolls. Everything was fantastic, and we had such a nice day with them!

I don't really eat bread anymore, but I took a small bite of my dinner roll and gave the rest to Darcy. It was yummy.

Lately, I have been starting to wonder if I'm finally at the right amount of restriction with the band. Bread and potatoes are not really working for me anymore, I'm getting full faster, I have no problem limiting my daily intake to 1000 calories (as long as I make wise choices), I'm not really hungry between meals, and making the right food choices gets easier and easier.

I'm not sure what the benefit of another fill would be at this point, unless my MD would like me to try eating fewer than 1000 calories per day. If that's the case, than it makes sense. I'm going to keep my appointment, and see what he says. Also, it's in another week, and by then - maybe I'll be getting hungrier.

The other piece is that I've been averaging a 3.5+ lb loss since my last fill, and that's well above the range I'm supposed to be in. He may not want to give me a fill as a result of my weight loss alone. I certainly don't want to be too tight that I can't eat anything, although at the beginning of this journey, I would have thought that sounded like a neat idea.

I was up a few lbs today, but it's just probably water weight. I had more salt than normal yesterday, and I ate dinner at 8:30, so that always means I'll be up the next day. I'm sure it will be gone tomorrow. I haven't been to the gym since last Tuesday and I miss it!

D wants to start working out with me, so this week, she's going to come with me every night after work, and next week, she's going to come with me in the AM before work. That's our compromise. Tonight we will focus on upper body, and I want us to do the exercise ball video as well.

1 comment:

Alison... said...

wow, I am truly impressed by the menu at Lanie's Easter dinner... maybe I should have stopped by!

Glad that you're at the point where you're fuller and fuller sooner. That is the idea and if you're losing 3-5 lbs per week, you would have no reason for another fill... plus you felt uncomfortable today after only a few ouces of meat so I think your stomach is now small enough... listn to Dr. Alison