Sunday, September 30, 2007

Three

Three full days until surgery. Yesterday was a weird day for me. I felt okay in the morning, but by the time I got to Hampshire Hills and started shooting a few hoops, I realized I was feeling pretty weak. I was off my game, and oomphless. We tried playing tennis, and usually, I am running all over the court trying to chase down the Darce's flyballs, and yesterday, I couldn't really get out of my own way to hit any unless they came right too me. I took a few rests to see if that was it, I took inventory of all the possible things that could have gone wrong... vitamins? check! thyroid medicine? check! caffeine? check! food? check! Who knows what it was, but we ended up leaving after an hour of very slow paced exercise.

We went out for lunch after, and I spent 20 minutes finishing my lunch, which is a requirement of eating post-op. I didn't think I could do that, since I could eat a thanksgiving dinner in 2 minutes, but I did it, and I was glad! I just need to remember to do that.

I never really bounced back yesterday, and I felt like I was going to collapse treading up and down the aisle's of Wal*mart looking for D. I bought new PJs for the hospital. I know they told me I will be wearing a hospital gown the whole time, but we shall just see about that. I am pleased with my new Ward Cleaver purchase, and I will let you know if I get a chance to break them in on Wednesday after surgery.

I was in bed by 9:30, and today I feel okay, but I haven't really done anything yet, so it remains to be seen if I will still be weak today.

I just heard from one of our readers last night, and also one of my favorite people in the world - Matty, that he finally finished chemo!!! Congratulations, Matty! I am so proud of you for being so brave! Let's paint the town red and celebrate next week!

XOXOXO

KC Lish.

No comments: