Saturday, September 15, 2007

12/28 = not so bad

Today is day 12. I'm two days from being half way done with this liquid diet! (Except for the fact that I will be on it for one to two weeks post-op, but we aren't counting that right now!)

I met with the respiratory therapist yesterday, and she was fantastic! My breathing was fine. I have asthma, and that was obvious, but with the help of albuterol, I was fine. She walked me through the whole process the day of surgery. It was great!

I have been SO impressed with the staff at this hospital!

My dear friend Matt impressed upon me the importance of requesting an anti-nausea patch before going under, and I asked her about that as well. She said they give that or the drink to everyone prior to surgery, but if I let the anesthesiologist know I have a sensitive stomach, he will give me even more. Fantastic!

As long as all goes well with the procedure, as it should b/c I'm following this liquid diet!, I should be able to be up and about (albeit painfully) as soon as I'm back to my hospital room. The more I walk around, the quicker my recovery.

You got that, Mom? We're going to be doing LAPS!

My cute little mother is flying up for the surgery. I think she feels responsible for my phatness, since she was such a good cook! (kidding!)

Last night, the Darce and I went up to Salisbury beach. It's only a 35-40 minute drive from the house in Lynn. It was nice being outside with the sea air and having a change of scenery. Darcy got to have beach pizza, which was a real treat!

I'm still full from the box o' pizza I had at Salisbury a week before I started the liquid diet, so no jealousy on my part! Still, she insisted on hiding from me when she ate it. *Not* necessary.

I'm heading out to the gym in a few minutes. The Planet Phatness in Danvers has a 30 minute workout section, like curves, where it tells you what machine to use, and then beeps when it's time to move to the next one. I was going to try it last night, but I was too tired after the 45 mins of cardio, so I'm going to try it now!

D says she's coming with me. We shall see!

Have a wonderful day.

KC

No comments: