Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Day One

I am officially 29 days away from having the lapband surgery. I have gained 13 lbs since I started this process in May, and 17 lbs since I last saw my surgeon in June. Oops. Perhaps it was in my quest to enjoy all of my favorite meals one last time. That was a bit much, but it was a good exercise. 99% of them were not nearly as enjoyable as my expectation of them. Isn't that always the way, though?

So today I start my (mainly) liquid diet, consisting of 5 sugar free carnation instant breakfast drinks, 2-3 fruits and vegetables, broth or bouillon, and sugar free jello each day. Don't forget the vitamins and water!

It's 11:10 AM. I have had 2 breakfast shakes combined with a banana and ice. Not bad. It kept me filled until about 10:30. I'm going to have healthy choice vegetable soup for lunch in 20 minutes. I will monitor my progress in this journal, and perhaps some day the information will be useful to others!

My allergies/asthma have been terrible lately, but I am hoping that by using my inhaler regularly and taking Claritan daily, I will be able to start working out next week.

As I mentioned, I'm up 17 lbs since the last time I was at the MD's office, and I would like to lose at least 30 lbs within the next four weeks.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I love this idea! I'm gonna guess that you can lose about 28 pounds in four weeks at a rate of roughly 7 pounds per week. For today's loss, I'll guess you're good for 2.3 pounds :-) You can do it ! Liquid diet, Liquid diet, Sis, Boom , Bah! Lapband, Lapband, Rah Rah Rah!

Unknown said...

Sip that funky boulion girl!