Wednesday, September 19, 2007

September 19th!

Two weeks from today, I will be in surgery! Today is all about MD appts for me. I have nerve testing for my arm at 11 (unrelated), an appointment with the dietitian at 1, and then pre-surgery testing (EKG, etc, I think) at 3ish.

I found out that I can substitute one of my fat free milk servings with a fat free cheese serving each day if I want to. That is great news for me!

I have been living off vegetables lately. It is a good thing I love them. I can't imagine anyone having much luck on this liquid diet if you don't like veggies!

On Monday night I made a delicious vegetable medley with onions, garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes, artichoke hearts and spices sauteed in red wine vinegar and a little bit of low sodium soy sauce. Then I cooked the mixture in the oven with fat free cheese melted on top. It was like heaven. It's also a good thing that I like to cook!

Monday night I had every intention of going to Hampshire Hills, but my body said NO. I had worked out 7 times in the past 6 days, after not working out in a looooong time, and I just needed a day of rest, so I listened and rested.

Yesterday I worked out at Planet Fitness in Woburn as it was on my way to the Lap Band support group that D and I attended last night. That gym is quite convenient with all of the multiple locations!

Tonight, after my day of MD appts, I am looking forward to going to Hampshire Hills for a good work out and some swimming! That will be a nice treat for me.

Last night in our meeting, they talked about the importance of journaling while we go through this process. I know these entries will be very interesting to me as I proceed. I am lucky to have so many friends and loved ones who are so supportive of me!!

We also talked about motivations for wanting to make this big life change. Mine are: wanting to be healthy, not wanting any limitations in any area of my life, wanting more energy, wanting to position myself as best as I can for a successful career, wanting to be physically able to do all of the active things I LOVE doing, wanting to buy clothes I like, not just ones that fit, and just to improve the quality of my life. I am one who likes to live life to the fullest. I do not want to ever have to settle for less, so that is ultimately what motivates me.

I will be in touch soon with updates from my appointments. Fun for you! ;-)

Until then...

Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

Andria said...

Sounds like you have a really positive attitude and realistic goals for yourself and for your future. I know you are going to do great post-surgery!