Thursday, September 20, 2007

Aunt Donna

My Aunt Donna had weight loss surgery probably 35+ years ago. They did not have the methods in place that they have now, and she had residual challenges as a result of the surgery, but she was always glad she had it. She was so pleased to hear I was having weight loss surgery, because she knew it would have such a positive impact on my life. Yesterday, at only 59 years old, Aunt Donna passed away suddenly.

Aunt Donna was one of the funniest people I have ever met. She had an extremely dry wit, and her delivery was flawless. For those of you who have met my mother, you know that she is the most optimistic and non-sarcastic person around. Watching those two together was a riot.

This conversation may not have happened, but if it didn't, it would have:

Linda: (during the 17th day of a monsoon) Isn't this rain so soothing? It almost sounds like the ocean! I just love the ocean.
Donna: (without cracking a smile) Oh yes, Linda. I just love the sound of mother nature carrying my car and my house down the street while I cling to this tree and await my rescue.

In Aunt Donna's last days, she had found peace and happiness in her new home, and my hope is that in her passing, she has found eternal peace and rest.

My thoughts and prayers are with my cousin's Kara and Shelley, as they mourn the loss of their dear Mother, and also with Aunt Donna's siblings and close friends and family members.

No comments: