Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Hiatus

I'm sorry for not writing for the past few days! It has been a whirlwind with the services for my aunt and doctors appointments, etc...

My doctor's office called yesterday, and they want to see me ASAP because I'm really anemic, apparently. Well of course I am; look what I am eating!

After an eight day drought, I finally lost 4 lbs today, bringing my total to 31 lbs. That was nice to see! I would really be happy if I lose another 4 by next Tuesday/Wednesday to bring me to a total of 35lbs. If it's more than that, even better.

Saturday, D and I spent four hours at Hampshire Hills. It was so much fun! We played basketball, volleyball, golf (just putting), tennis, swimming, laps, and then soaked our aching bones in the Roman Bath. It was wonderful. After that, we went for a nice lunch at Georgio's in Milford. (www.giorgios.com) They have a new outdoor patio. It was very trendy - great ambiance - especially for Milford! What a nice surprise. I had a salad with grilled chicken, since I can now have chicken when I'm working out, and it was fantastic.

After that, D and I went shopping with AliFun. I bought an outfit that was 3-4 sizes smaller than what I had been wearing, and I figured it would be tight for now, and I can wear it as I lose weight. Wrong. It fits just fine now, as I realized when I got home. I'm glad to see that I fit into something that much smaller, but I guess at this point I should try things on. Usually, things are tighter than I expect, not the reverse!

Today, I enter the last week of my liquid diet...until I have surgery. :) After surgery, I will be on a liquid diet for at least the first week, and part of the second week as well, until I can eat very soft foods, like mashed potatoes. I am curious to see how the weight loss will go after surgery. The experience of former bandsters I have read about varies tremendously. I suppose I will soon find out!

Until next time...

No comments: