Monday, September 10, 2007

Survival of the Phatest

I made it through my first weekend! That was quite a feat. Surviving a ridiculously strict diet regimen is hard enough, but the routine of the work week definitely makes it a bit easier. Although, I still have no idea where I'm going to find a microwave in my travels today, but if worse comes to worse I will have another instant breakfast for lunch, and then I will only need to find milk to mix it with. I need to make sure to bring one with me - this is all about planning.

I missed cooking so much, and I was able to cook two meals this weekend! On Saturday, I made (what I heard was) a delicious haddock in mushroom cream sauce with biscuits and fried green beans and on Sunday I made chili with cornbread. The beauty of cooking things I do not like to eat is that I am not tempted!

Friday night we saw Superbad which was quite funny to me, since I have the sense of humor of a 13 year old boy. I used to go to the movies for the popcorn, so this was a new experience for me. Every preview I watched I thought of seeing the movie with popcorn. LOL. For a treat, I had a diet coke with my water at the theater. The diet coke was over and above my usual daily caffeine allowance, which is why I'm classifying it as a treat. Perhaps that's a stretch. ;-)

Saturday we did work around the house in MA, and we went swimming in the ocean, which was insanely freezing, and then we came up to NH and went swimming again (MUCH better), and I made dinner, and later we went out with some friends. We were in bed by 10. (see: Rock stars)

Sunday I learned that if I forget to take my vitamins while I am eating practically nothing, I will not be able to form a sentence or remotely succeed at getting out of my own way. Good to know! I bought two new pairs of shoes at Macy's, which I figured was a wash because I would have consumed that money if I hadn't been on this diet.

Today is day 7, and at the end of the day, I will be 25% of the way done! That does not sound very good. Ha,ha! As of this morning, I had lost 22 lbs total. I was supposed to wait until tomorrow, but I didn't. I am still hoping to lose 3 more lbs by tomorrow, but I won't be heart broken if I don't. 22 lbs is good for one week, I would have to admit, even though I'm a bit of an overachiever at times.

That is all for now, dear reader.

*****Thinking good thoughts for Brooke who started her own liquid diet (albeit unnecessary) today! Good luck, Brooke!!!*****

No comments: