Monday, September 17, 2007

One more day until half way!

Tomorrow will be the halfway point in this four week diet. As of today, I am down 27 lbs. It's not looking like I am going to hit 32 - 35 by Wednesday when I see my nutritionist!

I know that losing 27 lbs in (just) under two weeks is fantastic, and I am very pleased with this weight loss, but I have to make note that my loss has significantly slowed down in week two. Since last Monday, I have lost 5 lbs. 5 lbs in one week is great - especially following such a huge loss in week one, BUT I seem to be losing slower and slower.

I have always heard that if you are going on an extremely strict diet, you need to eat a large amount of calories from time to time to spike your metabolism so that you don't stay in starvation mode. I'm going to speak with my nutritionist about this when I see her on Wednesday. I think that is a pretty basic principle, but who knows!

Saturday, I began strength training. That was FUN! That is always my favorite part of working out. Unfortunately, I pulled a muscle in my right arm (the one that has been acting up lately), and I didn't really notice that it was hurting until AFTER I played tennis and basketball yesterday. Oy. I will need to monitor this. I can't afford to have an injury slowing me down! :)

Yesterday, D and I visited Hampshire Hills, and we ended up joining on the spot! We loved the place. There are 5 tennis courts indoors, 6 clay tennis courts outside, 3 racquetball courts, a full basketball court, track, 4 pools with a roman tub, a steam room, sauna, indoor football field, a driving range and putting green, 3 restaurants, a rock climbing wall, a fitness center, and over 90 classes/week. We had a blast playing tennis and basketball, and then we went for a swim in the soothing indoor heated pool. It was fantastic. We are signing up for tennis lessons, as anyone playing near us will be happy to know.

After our visit to the club, we went apple picking in Hollis, as you can see from the pictures. It was a beautiful day, and I'm loving the fall in NH already!

I have worked out every day since last Tuesday, and I'm really enjoying it. Tonight we are going to try to head down to Hampshire Hills for a water aerobic class, if we can get out of work on time.

Until we meet again... :)

No comments: