Thursday, September 13, 2007

King of Phitness

That is me.

Haha

I did 45 minutes of cardio yesterday as planned, day two at the gym. I was surprised it wasn't more difficult, since I cannot even remember the last time I did 45 mins of cardio. Even when I was on diets and working out "regularly," I think I only did like 20-25 minutes because:

a. I *hate* cardio
and
b. I have asthma

I have been taking my inhaler regularly lately, however, so that my breathing is decent before they put me under!

Maybe that is why, or maybe it's the liquid diet giving me red-bull-like wings! Who knows.

What was not fun was that my butt was going numb after just 20 minutes on the exercise bike. I kept shifting, but it wasn't helping, so I could only do 30 minutes on the bike, and I finished out the last 15 minutes on the treadmill.

I cannot stress enough the wonder that is exercise with DVD. It is totally the way to go.

I'm thinking of getting a membership at Hampshire Hills. (www.hampshirehills.com) There's tennis, basketball, raquetball, four swimming pools, and all the good stuff. I think I would really enjoy being a member of a club like that, and it would give me something fun to do on the weekends as well.

Darcy and I have an appointment for Sunday at 11 for a tour! I'm excited. As you can see, this is a done deal, as I am already envisioning myself playing tennis on Saturday mornings, followed by a workout followed by a visit to the sauna and then in the pool, and we can even have a healthy lunch there in either the cafe or the on site restaurant!

I love healthy living.

(Note: the liquid diet MAY be making me delirious.)

Goal for today: 45 mins cardio
Reward: ARCADE!

XO

No comments: