Monday, March 2, 2009

That's hot

My face looks like it could double as a giant water balloon. I'm so allergic to this house. I woke up this morning with my right eye almost swollen shut. Every time we clean, we find more and more mold/dirt settling from the work we had done on the house. My whole face is itchy, even my mouth, and it's actually quite unattractive, believe it or not.

TJ suggested we get an air purifier, which is a great idea. I don't know why I didn't think of that. If I wasn't snowlocked into my house today, I would go get one! Unfortunately, we have a foot of snow and counting, and my car wouldn't be able to even make it out the driveway, let alone up the hill near my house. However, when we can escape the tundra, we will be making that purchase!

Since I'm trapped, today's workout will be an exercise video, probably yoga. I like that one, and it's one of the lengthier videos. I'm thinking we'll have turkey burgers with salad for lunch, and I'm not sure about dinner yet. Thankfully, we have plenty of healthy food in the house. I always like ordering in when we're snowed in, but there's really nothing I want.

We finally convinced the sushi place near us to deliver to us on Friday night, and that was quite a treat! We had spicy tuna, spicy salmon and shrimp tempura rolls. I only had one piece of the shrimp tempura, but it was fabulous, as was the salmon and tuna. We used to order from this place when we lived in a different part of town, and it would cost over $60. This time, it was under $30. We get less than half the food we used to. Eating less is quite a bargain. :)

It really is, though. I used to spend about $200 on groceries each week. Now we probably spend $300/month. It all ads up.

2 comments:

Alison... said...

Of course you convinced the sushi place to deliver, God luv ya.

I had sushi too yesterday - deelish.

Sorry you're so swollen but yes, an air purifier is the way to go!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your cartoon. Very funny!

Your new look does sound pretty. The Darc is one lucky gal....lol.

Sushi is just wrong. Does anyone up there deliver Twizzlers?