Friday, March 27, 2009

Survey Says!

It's pneumonia!

That's the bad news. The good news is that I know what it is, and now I'm actually on medicine that will help me get better. The other good news is that as long as I rest and take my meds all weekend long, I should be fine to travel on Monday. I'm going to get LOTS of rest, drink lots of fluids, and chillax. Darcy is at the store filling my prescriptions as we speak.

I have atypical pneumonia, to be specific. It's common in "younger" people they say. It's called atypical because it is the kind of pneumonia that affects healthier people. Okay... ;-)

We saw my chest xray and all the fluid in my lung. Foxy. It is pretty interesting. They gave me a nebulizer treatment, and it helped for about 5 minutes, then I was back to square one. Right now, I am sitting still in a comfy chair, and I still can't catch my breath. My inhaler doesn't work - nothing seems to work. Hopefully, the meds will help soon. I'm sitting next to a vaporizer too.

I can't deal with the puppy right now. He's so hyper. He doesn't seem to adjust his moods to my whims and illnesses. Selfish. ;-) What the heck do parents do when they are sick? They can't just stick their kids in a crate like I just did with Henry...yikes!

Anyway, I'm shutting down and relaxing with what is turning out to be a very boring movie. I can't watch anything funny because I'll wheeze too much. LOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some parents do put their kids in crates. They usually make the 6:00 news.

You do need to Chillax. Good thing you have the Darc. Plan B is in effect for the speech.

If you want a good movie, I just saw Milk (excellent) and In the Bedroom (awesome)

Alison... said...

Darcy is home now so she can handle the dog, if he is still bothering you later, send him off to Uncle Jimmy's - he'll take care of things!

haha.

Rest, take meds, drink liquids and please try the oxygen... it should help eventually.

Feel better!

lanie said...

I'm sorry it's so bad- glad you went to the hospital. Glad you're finally really chillin-i hope it helps! Let us (me) know if i can do ANYTHING?!?