Friday, March 20, 2009

Prettay, Prettay Good

I'm going out for a late lunch with friends today, and I know that will be my dinner. At 11 AM I was hungry, so I went to a cute little cafe that's in my building. I ordered a greek salad wrap. It had a lot of things it it I don't like (like feta and olives), but I like to be open minded so I took a big bite.

Gross! LOL. I bit right into a greek olive. Nasty. Sorry to all of you who love them. I actually like feta when I cook with it, and I have it in that roasted vegetable orzo dish that I make that my sister taught me, and it's great. However, I don't like huge chunks of it, and there were huge chunks in the wrap.

I took out all the feta and olives, and I loved it! The salad dressing was only lightly applied, so it just tasted like fresh, crunchy veggies with a hint of greek dressing on a tomato/basil wrap. This will be a sandwich I'll have again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so very different. I am having a fig newton and a handful of chips for lunch

Alison... said...

I'm not crazy about greek olives but I love feta!

But the sandwich is healthier without it, obv.

Glad you ate healthy - good luck with your weigh in tomorrow.