Saturday, March 28, 2009

Dinner!

Darcy and I decided to order dinner from Olive Garden tonight. They have a "healthy" selections menu, and we ordered the Capellini Pomodoro from it. We are going to split it, as the dinner portion actually is 16 points - not exactly light, although I guess it is for a large serving of pasta at an italian restaurant! By splitting it, it will be 8 points each, and we probably won't eat the whole thing. We also ordered a large salad with the low fat italian dressing which is zero points for 2 tbsp.

I used to order this lunch meal (the lunch serving is 8 points) when I was on WW years ago, and I loved it! It's nice to find treats from restaurants that make me feel like I can have whatever I want while I'm trying to count points/calories.

It's getting late (almost 8PM), so if she's not home soon, I may just have a little bit now and save the rest for tomorrow. I hate eating too late in the day, and I'm really not hungry. I haven't had much of an appetite the past few days, but I've been eating plenty in an attempt to get well and not let the antibiotics make me sick.

I didn't go to WW today because I'm sick, but thanks to my new scale that Alison got me (thanks, Ali!!), it has the same weight as WW (which Darcy confirmed today after going), and I was down another 5 lbs from yesterday, for a total of about 16 when I joined WW 2 and a half weeks ago. It's not new weight lost - it's a lot of bloat and a few lbs that I had regained, but still, it's nice to see the down 15.8 lbs from my starting weight when I log in to my profile online!

I know I'm going to be away this next week, and that I won't have as much control over the way my foods are prepared, but I would love to be down another 5 or 6 lbs by next week. I know I'm getting greedy. Truthfully, I'm always pleased when I'm away and my weight stays the same. Even if I ordered salads each meal, the restaurants still find ways to make them unhealthy. We'll make the best choices that we can, and in mid to high 80 degree weather, we won't feel like eating junk anyway, so that is to our advantage.

For a list of all the Olive Garden Healthy Fare options, click here: http://www.olivegarden.com/menus/garden_fare/

3 comments:

Alison... said...

Down 16? Wow!

Even if it's newly lost weight, stil WOW.

That picture is making me hungry!

Have a wonderful trip.

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. 16 pounds is crazy

lanie said...

you "sound" a little better??? Hope so-congrats on the loss! Have a GREAT time!!!