Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I need WW...fast!

I have really bad habits associated with weight watchers... It wasn't until I mentally prepared myself for surgery that I really started breaking the terrible dieting habits I had formed over the years (decades!). It didn't take me long to fall back into that trap again.

From the moment we decided to join weight watchers (last Friday), I slipped into my old WW thinking...which means, eat what you can until you weigh in because it's your last meal, and you will weigh so much, a big loss will be guaranteed for your first week. I know! That's terrible thinking, but it was mine for so long, it came back FAST.

Since we kept missing our WW meetings (including yesterday because we were snowed in), I kept my last meal mentality from Friday until Monday! Yikes. It's now Tuesday, and the suit I have on is TIGHT! It shouldn't be. It's usually loose. Oops.

I'm a dope. I know better than this, and I feel like junk for eating so poorly these past few days. It's not only the bad eating...it's the salt. I'm so bloated right now, it's disgusting. I don't even enjoy the last meal/s like I used to. My mentality has changed, but the bad habits came flooding back.

It's not WW's fault...it's mine. I need to keep my new mentality, even though I'm trying an old tool. I bet my plan for a big first week loss will work, though. LOL.

I'm at the hospital this AM, but my morning meetings end at 11, and I found a 12:15 PM meeting near our house. We will be there, and I can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think a combination of tols will help. I didn't even know you joined WW. Good for you.

Alison... said...

I don't know anyone who has done Weight Watchers that didn't fall into those habits. Each big before the 1st meeting, eat big right after a weigh in... after all you have a week to make up for it.

It's bad but I'm guilty of it too, obv.

Hopefully once you're weighed in, the good habit will come back - I know they will -

Good luck!