Friday, March 27, 2009

Can't...breathe...

I'm going in the wrong direction... My fever was in the 99 range, and when I got home from work this afternoon, it was 100.4. My breathing is getting worse and worse, and even just sitting still I can't seem to catch my breath. I *really* hope I'm note headed for pneumonia again. I've been trying to be so good, and I went to the MD as soon as I got sick!

I am really worried about being well for Monday, and I don't want to take any chances, so I called Ask A Nurse, and they said to go to the ER - not because it's an emergency, but because I can get a chest xray and bloodwork done if need be. As I type, I'm in the emergency room. I took 3 extra strength tylenol an hour ago, and my temperature is now 100. My blood pressure is high too, but that can be expected since I can't breathe properly.

I'm really hoping I just need a different type of medication, and that I'll be fine by Monday. I should be able to rest over the weekend. I have a lot to do, but most of it can and will have to wait. I'm hungry, and naturally, everything I can think of that I want has cheese in it.

I could go for pizza, pasta, bruschetta...that's really all I can think of right now...Oh - I could go for a burger or steak and cheese. LOL - naughty! I always crave bad things when I'm sick, and it's just worse because I can't have cheese. I'll get over it!

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about non-cheesy chicken noodle soup, you could maybe put some cheez its in it.

Alison... said...

Just saw this today and I'm glad you went to the ER last night.

Hope you got your pizza.