Saturday, February 28, 2009

Can't...breathe...

It was really sunny and warm out yesterday, so when I woke up to another sunny day today, I figured it would be another warm sunny day again. I'm dying for the nice weather to be back, and to be able to exercise outside again. I decided I would walk home from breakfast this morning, so I put on a jogging suit that is appropriate for spring/fall weather.

When I walked out of the house, I realized it was much cooler than I'd anticipated, but I figured once I got the blood pumping, I'd be plenty warm. I had a nice breakfast with Lanie, and then I hit the streets. It's just a 2.5 mile walk home, so it's not that far, although it's a bit hilly. It's a really nice walk, and the last stretch is all along the water. I was really looking forward to it.

About one block into the walk, I realized I was freezing, and I was having trouble breathing. My asthma reacts very poorly to the cold, and I didn't have my inhaler on me. Half of the walk home, I had to hold my sleeve up to my face to breathe into that so that the air I took in was warmer. I wanted to do some jogging, and I did for a tiny bit of the way home, but I couldn't really because of my breathing problems.

I really enjoyed the walk home, even with the asthma issues, and when it gets a little warmer, I would like to start walking to the restaurant both ways. It's a nice 5 mile round trip walk that is broken up by breakfast and nice conversation. :)

Today I started my personal training and sports nutrition consulting certification course. I found one that was much less expensive, but it's still accredited, so I enrolled immediately. I'm looking forward to working on that over the next few weeks.

Although it's a bit cold out, it's a beautiful, sunny day today. Darcy and I are going to do yoga later on, and I'm going to work on my trainer course, and probably put a few hours of work in, but other than that, our day is wide open, so we shall see where it takes us!

Have a good one!

3 comments:

Alison... said...

I swear you do these things so you can get scolded.

If you checked the weather, you would have known that it was going to be cold today

and hilly? Try all up hill from Rita Mae's to your house.

I hope you don't get sick -

Take it a little easier the rest of today, will ya, killer

Kristen said...

You think I do things to get scolded? You're a nutty nut.

I loved the walk, and I can't wait to do it again...WHEN it's a little warmer.

Checked the weather? Me? LOL

Anonymous said...

I think the walk sounds nice. I never go anywhere without my inhaler, I have been caught in situiations like that before and it is unpleasant.

Hope you feel better.