Monday, March 9, 2009

Palm Springs, here I come!

Darcy and I are traveling to San Diego at the end of the month, as TJ and I are speaking at a national seminar for Human Resources. I found out that there is a women's event at the Riviera Spa and Resort in Palm Springs the same week, and since we are already going to be in the area, I thought it would be a fun way to begin the celebration for Darcy's 40th birthday!

I told Darcy about this trip last Friday, because I knew she would want to prepare - starting to tan, going to the gym, getting her hair done, etc... She was VERY excited, and we decided we wanted to start working out together, and we're going to join weight watchers.

I've done WW in the past, and I think it's a good program. I need something new. I won't be getting a fill for at least another month, and I want to somehow change it up a bit. We were going to join on Saturday, but we missed the meeting. We found a meeting on Sunday AM, but we missed that too with the time change and the puppy (Oh yeah, for those of you who don't know, we got a puppy! check out: www.welcomehomehenry.blogspot.com) ...anyway, it's Monday, and we're snowed in. I'm hoping to make it for the 5:45 meeting tonight, but our back up plan is tomorrow night.

Our schedules have been a bit crazy since getting the puppy, but we are going to start WW, and we are going to work out together, either starting today or tomorrow. It will be fun doing it together.

Anyway, we are looking forward to getting to the warm weather in Cali at the end of the month, and hopefully the summer clothing will fit a bit better by the end of the month! :)

2 comments:

Alison... said...

There are plenty of WW meetings around, I am sure you will find one this week - great idea to change things up and it's great that you now have a work out buddy -

Alison... said...

Oh ya and have a blast in California!

I'm so jealous!