Monday, March 30, 2009

Carbo-breakfast

After today, I just have one more day on the Z pack. It bothers my stomach, so I have to have a big meal before I take it. This morning, I decided to have an onion bagel with reduced fat chive cream cheese for breakfast. Yum! It's definitely not something I usually have. I ate half the bagel, and with the cream cheese, it was 4 points, so that's not bad.

I'm getting better each day, but I'm still plenty sick. I'm really hoping the plane doesn't get me more sick. My allergies have been really bad since yesterday, and it's not really helping things. Still, it's night and day today from how sick I was on Friday. I feel like my energy level is increasing too.

Walking through the airports should be a challenge. I usually like to speed along the halls to get to my destination, but I know with my diminished lung capacity, I'll have to take it easy. I don't want to set off an asthma attack or coughing fit. We'll arrive plenty early to not have to rush through the airport.



I'm going to be wearing this foxy mask during the flight. It should really cut down on the germs I'm breathing in on the airplane germ fest, and I'm going to take an airborne before the flight as well. I'm SO looking forward to the warm weather.

I am down another 2 lbs, one yesterday and one today. I think I'm finally getting rid of this bloat I've had for so long. I'm not eating differently, except for having more carbs than ever, so that is a very strange thing... I'm not complaining! I wonder if it's all the liquids I've been having since I've been sick. I'm good about having a lot of water each day, but I'm probably up to about 2 gallons of fluids a day since I've been sick, so maybe that's the difference. Who knows!

I'm really looking forward to getting to exercise when I am better! I was jealous reading about Ali's work out with TJ and M yesterday! The water is flowing by our house, and our inlet should be defrosted soon. Maybe by the time we get back, I can go kayaking!

4 comments:

Alison... said...

Glad you're feeling significantly better than you did Friday but yes, be sure to not rush around at the airport and wear your mask!

Flying can often have a negative affect on a person sick like you but hopefully it won't!

Good for you for losing more weight... you are skinny!

Anonymous said...

Pretty...I can't wait to point to you on the plane and mock you with my fellow passengers.JK

I think it is a smartr move as planes are essentially flying germ tubes. If you have an extra bring it, I might do a Michael Jackson impersomnation.

;lanie said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! Why are you going back to cheese/milk so soon? I don't mean to be a pain in the arse-butt.... GREAT job on the weight loss-I'm always so jealous @ you're commitment=success! Way to go!!!

Kristen said...

I kind of forgot about the cheese/milk thing when I ordered my breakfast today. LOL!!