Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Kiss Me, I'm Irish

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I find that people either love or hate corned beef dinner. I love it. Looove it. I think it's because I love salt and beef and potatoes so much. I'm Irish - what can I say?!

I had a corned beef meal a week or so ago, and I loved it, and I'm going to have it again today. I'm meeting up with a bunch of friends and Jimmy is cooking a big meal. If you eat the lean parts, it's only 213 calories for 3 oz of corned beef, so I'll be within my points for the day. I plan to eat a salad before heading over there, and then I won't be hungry and fill up on naughty things.

I've stopped counting calories on fitday while I'm keeping track on the WW site...it's just too much work, and I have too much going on right now. If I stop doing WW, I'll go back to using fitday. I went over my points yesterday, but it's allowed - you have 35 extra points a week to use whenever you want.

I planned to use them on Saturday when we went to Chili's for lunch after the weigh in, but I didn't end up going over my points that day after all. I didn't eat much on Sunday and I was hungry all day yesterday, so I used 20 of my flex points. That's a lot, but it's allowed. :) I didn't eat anything naughty, but I just kept grazing all day long.

When I weighed in at WW last Tuesday, I was very bloated, and when I weighed in on Saturday, I was down 10.8 lbs. Alison was shocked when I told her, but I didn't think it was a big deal because I was just re-losing weight I had already lost. They just caught me on a bad day. Still, it felt good to be down that much in 4 days...

Yesterday AM I was down another 2, but today I'm up those 2 again, so we'll see. My next weigh in is next Saturday, and another big loss would be nice, but we'll see. I'm just sticking with the program, and I hope I see some results.

4 comments:

Alison... said...

I wasn't so much shocked that you could lose 10+ pounds in 4 days... I've seen you do that many time before... just somewhat surprised that you lost a bunch of weight in a few days after having been on a plateau for months -

but it makes sense if you were bloated before.

I thought tracking points on line cost $12 a month, did they change that?

Good work at being so good and on track

Anonymous said...

You are so dilligent, when you do something you do it100%. Congrats on the weight loss

Kristen said...

I joined for $9.22/week - it includes the meetings and the whole online thing.

Love the new pic! :)

Kristen said...

LOL - it complets you? You are too funny!! :)