Monday, March 30, 2009

Super Scale!

As I mentioned before, Alison just bought me an Escali scale - thank you, Alison! These scales are awesome. It's the same brand I use for my kitchen scale. Let me tell you, it's impossible to trick.

With my other scales, sometimes I would weigh myself repeatedly to see if I could get a better reading. ;-) Darcy says that's cheating, but I think it's just looking for the best possible answer. With the Escali scale, however, the reading is always the same! Whether I'm on one foot or two, in the corner, at the end, it's all the same. That is a good scale! I love having a scale I can trust.

I'm a little fanatical about weighing myself. I weigh myself every time I'm in the bathroom at my house that has the scale. Not because I'm obsessed...more because I'm just compulsive. I can handle the news, so it's not that...it's just a crazy little habit of mine. I like to know the difference the time of day makes, or a certain outfit or shoes, etc... It helps me estimate better when I'm weighed on "foreign" scales to know exactly what the weight means to me if I have my sneakers on, or my watch, or a certain pair of pants. I know how to adjust it all exactly to get to the "right" number.

So yes, I'm a little crazy, but it's fun for me. If I ever started to go off the deep end due to a number I didn't like on the scale, I'd re-evaluate my habit, but that hasn't happened. As I've mentioned, last Wednesday the scale said I weighed about 13 lbs more than I weigh today. I knew I was bloated, and that my weight fluctuates more than any person on the planet when it comes to bloat, so it's no big deal.

Anyway, thank you, Ali. I love it!!

2 comments:

Alison... said...

No, the Escali scale never changes and trust me when I tell you, I have tried to get it to... I have moved the scale around to see if the results are any better and the number does not change.

I don't weigh myself every time I go to the bathroom - wow, that would be a lot! Just once a morning is OK with me.

Glad you like it.

Anonymous said...

I have never owned a scale. is taht weird? I never really thought about it.