Saturday, January 31, 2009

What fun!

I was feeling much better as the day went on, so I thought it would be fun to go cross country skiing. First, we made a trip to the local ski mart to get snow pants, a new pair of ski boots for me, and some other apparatus. $400 later, we were off to a local cross country ski resort in New Ipswich, NH.
.
It was a great workout, and we had a blast. Here are some photos:

This is me bundled up, as I didn't want a return of my cold!

Poor Darce took a spill, but she didn't break anything (other than her ski poles which I used for the rest of the time), and she got right up and kept going!


It was a beautiful, sunny day, and with all of our gear, we didn't even realize that it was 18 degrees out!



Here is a more upright picture of Darce:




...and one more of me (with above referenced poles)...



I listened to opera on my iPod as I skied through the snowy woods. It was wonderful. I even got to go down some hills (while Darcy watched), and I didn't have any control over my skis. It was exciting and fun. It made me miss downhill skiing.

Next weekend, we are planning on renting a cabin up north, and we are going to go sledding at a nearby ski area with my friend Linda. After that, we are heading into town for fireworks by the mountainside. It should be really nice.

If I'm stuck in New England, I should enjoy all it has to offer!

We are sore, and we are heading out to the hot tub now.

Enjoy your night!

2 comments:

Alison... said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun, glad you enjoyed yourself.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are staying so active