Thursday, January 22, 2009

A beautiful goodbye

For our last night in Florida, we ended up staying at a hotel right on the Hollywood Boardwalk, that runs next to the beach. It was sunset when we arrived, and the sky was layered with pinks and yellows and blues. My camera didn't quite capture that, but the picture is above.

We walked up and down the full length of the boardwalk, which is 2.5 miles each way, and we had dinner at a lovely Argentine Italian restaurant. The day before, we had done tons of walking in Key West, and at one point, I jogged to our hotel and back in flip flops, and it was about a mile and a half round trip from where we were. It didn't bother me at the time, but yesterday it felt like I had shin splints. Ooops. Sometimes I get a little too excited with all the new tricks I can do.

I had a wonderful time, but I'm very ready to go home today. I'm dreading the flight because my cold/allergies have been getting worse the past few days, and I know the flight is going to make it worse. I also realized I have conjunctivitis (ew), so I'm going to see an MD when I get home.

In general, I've been very good about eating healthy while on this trip, but the one thing I allowed myself to go crazy with is salt. I can feel it. I'm bloated, and my body feels like junk. I need to detox and drink lots of water when I get home. I will face the scale tomorrow, and it will be fine. When I got back from Georgia, I was up 9 lbs, and it was gone in one day, so I know not to worry about these things.

I'm looking forward to buying groceries and making my meals again, and hopefully my back will heal soon so that I can go back to lifting weights! I am going to miss the outdoors, but I certainly spent a lot of time outside since I've been here. It's been great being so active with the swimming and walking and playing... :) I hope someday I can live in a climate that is nice out year 'round. I think that would be great for my overall health.

2 comments:

Alison... said...

Yes, you were very good about your meal choices and of course portions.

The jogging in flip flops was a bad idea and sorry your shins are paying for it!

Have a safe flight back.

Anonymous said...

All the new tricks you can do...lol. I love that you are so active anow and that you embrace all this excercise.