Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Ow

I hurt my back lifting too much weight while I was on vacation. I didn't take a break from working out after that, so it hasn't gotten any better.

This weekend, I was at a house wedding, and the stairs near the front door (inside the house) were wet and slippery from all the ice and snow everyone tracked in. I was going down them quickly, not thinking, and I slipped and fell and landed on my back. The top part of my back which I had injured with the weights slammed down on the stairs, and my lower back on the tiles. Um, ouch.

I was hoping to escape with merely a bruised ego, but that was not to be. It seems to be getting worse each day. I think my chair that I work in is aggravating my back. I sat in this chair for almost 12 hrs yesterday, and I don't think that helped.

Thankfully, I had to reschedule with my personal trainer due to a work conflict, and she couldn't make a later time today, so I won't be working out. In the mean time, I'm thinking of waiting until Friday to meet with her. If my back feels better before then, I can still go to the gym and work out, but if not, I won't have to reschedule again.

Yours,
Grace.

3 comments:

Alison... said...

Say good night Gracie...

Glad you re-scheduled - you really need to rest your back until you heal.

Anonymous said...

Get yourself a heating pad and lay on that for a while or at leat prop it up on the chair while you work. It will help heal the muscles. Also, you have a big tub take a nice long bath tonight.

lanie said...

Patience is a virtue...haste makes waste...all pain-no gain! So i'm not original but you really should wait until it feels 100% better before pushing it. You're about to take a WELL DESERVED vacation...imagine the plane ride with back pain. Not so fun. Body surfing,long walks on the beach,frisbee...