Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Lovin' it!

It was overcast on and off yesterday. I convinced Darcy to ride the waves with me, and we had an absolute BLAST. The water is so nice here. It wasn't like bath water, but it was perfectly comfortable and refreshing.

The longer we stayed in the water, the more dark clouds that grew overhead. The lifeguard still had the green flag out, so I knew we were safe. All of the sudden, it started POURING. Now, I'm not one to mind getting wet while already wet, but we only had tiny bath towels with us, so we decided to make a run for it when it started pouring.

We got to the car, hopped in, and sped off soaking wet...laughing hysterically... It was just a youthful, fun moment. The rest of the day, we had to sit on plastic bags whenever we drove anywhere because our seats were completely soaked!

I actually had quite a good work out in the water. The waves were rough and strong, and I kept heading against them.

My back has been pretty bad still, but more annoying than anything else. I'm going to try to do some stretches today to loosen it up.

4 comments:

Alison... said...

Once I get there, I will not allow the skinny mini's to make us walk every where since both of our backs hurt.

You wouldn't speak up but I surely will!

Glad you had fun at the beach, I can't wait to get there.

Stephanie Carnes said...

Sounds like lots of fun! I hope your back feels better soon.

BTW, the boys LOVED receiving the postcards!

Kristen said...

I don't think the walking bothers my back, but I could be wrong. It bothers me more when I'm sitting than anything else...very strange...

BS - I'm so glad the boys loved the postcards! Jeff told me how much they LOVE getting mail. Too cute.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun. I love vacations...I hope I get one this year