Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Food Frenzy

Every time I have a bad cold I'm sooo very naughty with food. I feel hungrier than ever, and I just want comfort foods. I am still sick, although I do think I'm slowly but surely getting better, and after working a half day yesterday, I came home and collapsed on the couch. I tried to work over and over again, but I was just exhausted.

I have my usual sicky cravings, and I was fixated on movie theater popcorn. I had Darcy drag me out of the house (in my PJ's!), and we went to the movies, and I had my popcorn. I ate too much, and I felt sick all night. I haven't felt that full (or sick) from food...well, I can't remember when, it's been so long.

I want to feel better, and I hate that I don't make the best choices every time I come down with something. I just have a pity party for myself, and I do whatever I want in the moment. Thankfully, I will get better, and I will get back on track. I'm hoping that is soon.

In the mean time, I'm trying not to go overboard too much, and I'm weighing myself daily, watching the damage. I am up a few lbs, and I know I just need to get back on track, and it will be gone.

I've decided to really step up my game when I'm feeling better. I'm going to start planning for it now. Alison and I have both been on a bit of a plateau for some time now, so I am thinking about having some form of a contest to see who can lose more in a certain amount of time. It's silly, but sometimes a renewed focus helps us over the hump. We'll see if she accepts the challenge.

:)

5 comments:

Alison... said...

You're killin me

truly

Anonymous said...

I still think you just can't stand the thought of "losing tj". You are not alone...lol.

I was expecting Ali's response to be more like: "Game on"

Alison... said...

TJ - Have we met?

I'm not competitive and I would never win anything against the almighty KC.

Kristen said...

I can't believe you don't want to do this! I'm on way more of a plateau than you, and I think it would be a fun way to breathe life into our weight loss goals.

Stephanie Carnes said...

I'm going to post a lemon chicken soup recipe on my blog - I think it will be good for what ails you!I hope you'll feel better soon.