Saturday, January 10, 2009

I don't know about this...

I'm up a few lbs...This week, as you know, I was given the advice to average 1500 calories per day (at least) by my personal trainer. I probably should have picked a week to try this out when I was working out. :)

Since I was sick on Wednesday, and God knows I feed my colds, I had a spike in calories that day, and I ended up averaging 1472 calories per day since Monday...and now I'm up a few lbs... I realize that it could be anything with me - my weight fluctuates like crazy, and if I hadn't increased my calories, I wouldn't think anything of it.

I've been on a plateau for months, however, so I'm going to continue trying this. I think I'll give it a month total, because I know it will take time for my body to adjust to the change, although if I continue to gain weight, other than a lb or two, I will have to scale it back. I'm not that open minded.

But if I end up gaining 5 lbs on the front end, and my metabolism is kicked into gear, and then I am able to start losing again, I'll have no complaints. I can handle a small initial gain.

Since I'm going on vacation, I'm sure it will be easy to get in the 1500 calories per day.

I can feel my new muscles growing today. That's always a fun thing for me. I will probably skip weights today, in hopes that my back will heal, but I'm definitely going to do some cardio. That didn't bother my back at all, as I mentioned, at least when I was on the bike. When I switched to the treadmill, I could tell that may start hurting...I was only on each for 10 minutes, so let's see how I do on the bike for a good 30 mins today, alternating 5 low, 5 mid, as prescribed.

My trainer says it's not good to do more than 45 mins of cardio a day, because after 45 minutes, you can start burning muscle. I have no arguments with that. :)

2 comments:

Alison... said...

keep eating over the 1500... your body has adjusted to very low calories so of coure you're going to gain at 1st but it'll adjust again.

listen to me - LOL

no more than 45 of cardio? i'm on board w/ that!

Anonymous said...

You seem to know your body so well, I think yiou can determine what will work best for you