Wednesday, January 14, 2009

NOT cheerios

Yesterday we went to Whole Foods to do our shopping for the week. We didn't get a lot:
-Grass fed hamburg
-Chipotle taco seasoning
-Salad
-Oranges
-Cajun Roast Beef slices
-Grass fed beef hot dogs
-Hot dog rolls
-Pickles
-Salad dressing
-Ketchup
-Pitas
-Frozen Pizza
-Kashi frozen dinner
-Purely O's
-Milk
-Cheese
-Nacho flavored tortilla chips
-Popcorn

Our total was $100.03. Yikes. If I had bought the same items at a non-organic grocery store, It would have been about $40 or less. It is expensive to not poison your body.

Darcy had the Purely O's for breakfast this morning. They are supposed to be like Cheerios. They are NOT. They taste like stale cardboard...possibly worse. Don't get me wrong, I'll eat them. They probably cost $10! ;-) They are whole grain, and they have very few ingredients, and I know what they all are, so that's a good thing, but we must find a happy medium between inexpensive tasty foods that are bad for you and gross expensive foods that are good for you.

If I were more of a rule follower, I would consider starting my own line of organic foods. I know I could find affordable ways to make organic, whole foods delicious...I just can't imagine dealing with all the red tape.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Purely O's...more like purely Oh no's...lol

Anonymous said...

Laughing here...I thought you called me today and that was why I called you back. Jennifer just called yelling at me for never returning her call. I can't believe I mixed you both up...too funny

Kristen said...

That's too funny! My voice must be getting skinnier if you're mixing us up now! ;-)

Alison... said...

Cardboard O's for breakfast, yum, I can hardly wait!

;-)