Friday, January 30, 2009

Multigrain English Muffin Pizzas

This is a picture of my lunch. It was tasty and nutritious!

I've included the very easy recipe and calorie information below, though it's based upon a serving size of 3 muffin halves. I was only able to eat 2 pieces, but I may have a third later if I'm hungry!

Edible Elements:
-4 Multigrain English Muffins
-1/2 cup pasta sauce (low sodium is always good)
-3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese

Heat oven to 350 degrees, spray pan with Pam cooking spray and separate muffins, covering with sauce and cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes (depending on your oven) until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.

Serving size: 3 muffin halves
Calories: 323
Fat: 7.5
Fiber: 4.5
Protein: 21

These pizzas are not only easy, fun and yummy!, they are also a good source of fiber, protein and calcium. Served with fresh veggies on the side, these pizzas pack a healthy punch!

4 comments:

Alison... said...

Looks good

What did you do? Lay the pizzas on a piece of satin material?

Kristen said...

LOL, yes, that's what I did. ;-)

It's my leather office chair

Alison... said...

and you ask why I say you've lost it?

oysh

Kristen said...

Not sure what you mean...I set it down on my chair because my desk was too messy.