Sunday, January 18, 2009

Pasta, pasta, pasta!


For some reason, my body was craving carbs, pasta specifically, all day yesterday. I started off breakfast with steak and eggs, which was the special at the restaurant we visited. I had one egg, one piece of toast and a few small bites of the steak. I also had a few bites of Darcy's macaroni and beef, which was pasta dish number one of the day.
.
At lunch, I was still really craving carbs (which is very rare for me, and I tend to give into my cravings if they appear to be physical cravings, *not* mental ones because I think my body knows what it wants, and it's very rare that I have an unhealthy physical craving), so I ordered an angel hair pasta dish. It was angel hair pasta in a white wine sauce with red pepper, pine nuts, fresh basil and soft goat cheese. It was a bit spicy, and oh so delicious! The serving size was moderate, and I ate the whole thing (almost)!
.
For dinner, we all wanted Italian, and I googled the best italian restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale. I found a place called Cafe Italia, and I read the online reviews which were fantastic. The theme was that it was truly authentic Italian food, which I did not expect to find in South Florida. We were not disappointed!
.
I ordered the spaghetti carbonara, and it was truly delectable. By then, I think my body was finally over the carb cravings, so I only had a very small amount, but that's okay. It was reasonably priced, and I didn't mind only having a little bit of it.
.
All in all, I had over 1700 calories yesterday which is more than I usually plan for, but I only had 1000 the day before, and I'm still on track for a 1500 average (or less, of course). For breakfast today, I had a fruit cup and a turkey sausage and cheese (light on the cheese) omelet. I ate the fruit first, and then I ate part of the omelet. My breakfast was about 360 calories.
.
Today I'm thinking of taking Alison to 5 guys burger and fries, which I blogged about when I was in Atlanta. I am not in the mood for anything unhealthy today, but I really wanted her to check it out. We'll see... Maybe we can just go buy a burger and fries and take a bite of each and throw the rest out. I wouldn't mind that. :)
.
We are off to the beach for more fun in the sun! I don't want to leave!!!

2 comments:

Alison... said...

Since I am not a huge burger gal, I know I would have a taste and that would be it. I have had little tastes of all kinds of sinful things this vacation, what's 1 more, right?

You ate a healthy breakfast today so even though you had pasta all day yesterday, you are now back eating a little healthier... good work.

Anonymous said...

Your dinner sounded delish!! It sounds like you are having so much fund and doing it within your caloric allotment!! Way to sty focused.