Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Look what I can do!


I forgot to mention how different flying was. I made a bigger deal of it with my flights last winter and spring, because it was such a big difference, but I hadn't flown since then, and it was even that much more of a difference from before.
.
First of all, I used to fly first class, which still wasn't entirely comfortable, but when I started flying coach again this past year, it was still a squeeze. This time, I was able to cross my legs on the plane! ...quite an accomplishment for me... Also, with the seat in front of me reclined, and mine not reclined, I could put my tray all the way down without it cramming into me.
.
I realize to many of you, you haven't ever experienced these challenges, so it's probably shocking to hear that I couldn't do these things before. These are not things we phatties tend to brag about, so that's probably why these concepts are most likely new to you. To those of you who have been where I've been, you truly understand what a giant difference this is.
.
Since I've been on my plateau for so long, I've started to feel bigger and bigger, because I've gotten used to the weight I've lost, and more and more aware of the weight I have left to lose. I haven't had many NSVs in a while because I haven't done anything new, but being on the plane was definitely a nice change of pace.
.
I never would have dreamed that being on a plane would make me feel anything other than big and uncomfortable.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! You have not had a great NSV in a while. Good for you! You are right, we often don't really think about things until they affect us.

Being on the thinish side myself, I still find airline seats are just restrictive. This is why I must sit on the aisle seat.

Alison... said...

Well of course I completely identify with all of this in fact, I am still dreaming of being as comfortable as you were yesterday... I hope I see some difference from when I flew coach in 2005...

We'll see

Alison... said...

Oh ya and your NSV isn't about me - LOL

Congrats on the NSV

I'm on hold w/ Orbitz so I was distracted - sorry!

:(

Kristen said...

LOL - Ali

TJ - you certainly are thin!!