Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Lovin' it...


Our flight was delayed, just a bit, and they seemed to be flying slower than usual...I was monitoring it, and for most of the flight, we were at 384 mph...towards the end, the pilot finally kicked it up to 424 mph, probably realizing how long it was taking. Are they trying to conserve fuel or something? Anyway, our plane didn't land until 9pm. We picked up our cute little convertible, and headed over to the beautiful oasis where we will be staying this next week.
.
The owners are super nice, and the gardens and landscaping breathtaking. I can't imagine who does it, but I'm sure it costs a lot. I'll take and post some pictures later. After the tour of the house, we changed out of our New England attire into shorts and short sleeved shirts and we headed out for a very late dinner.
.
It is completely unlike me to eat this late, but we were both very hungry, and we were too excited to go to bed anyway. We got to a nearby outdoor patio restaurant (like the one pictured above) and ordered our food. We didn't end up eating until about 11! I ordered a pork chop (which came with fries and onion rings), and I substituted snow peas for the fries and onion rings. They must give you a LOT of fries and onion rings because the pork chop took up about a quarter of the plate, and the snow peas took up the rest. I swear, it was like an entire 10 oz bag.
.
I ate about half of the deliciously seasoned pork chop and more of the snow peas than I anticipated, and I brought the rest home with me. It will make for a yummy lunch today.
.
We are surrounded by a river, which leads to the ocean. There are kayaking routes around here, and they say it takes about 2 hrs (if you're used to kayaking) to circle the island we are on. I really want to do it, and I'm hoping my back gets better so I can. Right now, I'm taking 3 advil liquid gels every few hours to dull the pain. I can't imagine kayaking anytime soon, but I'm hoping the warm weather and swimming will help with my back.
.
On another note, I think I'm allergic to airplanes. I'm going to look into this, but the last time I flew, I was starting to come down with something, and during my flight, I became exponentially more sick than I originally was, and I had bronchitis, which lead to pneumonia when I got home. Yesterday, I boarded the plane with a slight cold/allergies and I got more and more sick every minute we were in the air. I was horrified to be that sneezing, coughing, nose blowing person on the flight. I hate them! I'm going to look into what is causing this, and I'm seriously considering wearing a mask on the flight home...how cool am I? ;-)
.
I had some tea with honey this morning, and I'm hoping the dry, warm weather will dry out my congestion. ...fingers crossed!...
.
I'm off to the grocery store. Stay well!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Planes are germ tubes. I am totally convinced of this. Your place sounds so nice. You crack me up being awake so early...lol.

Your dinner sounds delish (well with the fries and onion rings) not teh snow peas....lol

Alison... said...

Sorry you're sick but glad you made it safely and fairly early.

How the HE** did you monitor the speed of the plane and who does this?

you're a freak

lanie said...

That fresh air will have you back to normal in no time! Recycled airplane air-YUK! Hope you guys are havin' a blast!