Thursday, January 15, 2009

Rosie or Lea?

No, the picture above is *not* me... it's Lea Delaria, a comic/singer/actor/performer who I apparently resemble. I cannot tell you how many times people have told me I look like her or actually asked me if I WAS her. Most of the times, I tell them no...sometimes, I have a little fun... ;-)

For some reason, this happens to me more when I'm in Florida. I think it's because people in NH have never heard of Lea Delaria. The thing is, I must carry myself like I'm a famous person because people truly think I'm Lea. OR Rosie!:



I think I've blogged about this before, but it is still happening to me. Last night, I met up with some friends at Smarty Pants for trivia night, and the host of the show came up to me in the middle of the show and asked me if I was a famous comedianne. I told him I was both Rosie O'Donnell *AND* Lea Delaria. My friends laughed, but I think he only heard that I said I was Lea Delaria because he then apologized for forgetting my name and looked at me like he was honored to have me there. Also, the other people in the audience started looking at me admirably. Funny!

THEN, we went to another show and a different guy came up to me to tell me how he thought I was Rosie from across the room. He said he was staring at me, wondering how he knew me, and then he realized - I was Rosie! Once he came up to me, he realized I wasn't, and of course told me I'm muuuch prettier (LOL), but yes, twice in one night I got Rosie and Lea...again.

Sometimes strangers stare at me as though they think I'm familiar, and I know that's why. Darcy usually thinks I'm crazy and that people are just rude, but she's starting to come around...

Maybe when I'm done losing the weight, I won't get anymore star sightings...we shall see...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course they are staring, they always look at the pretty ones!!

If you were Lea I would have made you take me to the episode of Friends she did.

Did AF make it there ok?

Kristen said...

LOL - you're too kind...

AF is still en route...she had a lay over, so I think she'll be touching down shortly.

And the world can breathe a big sigh of relief... :)

Alison... said...

You are way prettier than either one of them but yes, you must carry yourself as a famous person, I'm sure that's it