Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Wrong direction

I was up a lb this morning. I'm going in the wrong direction! :) Since I had 1,400 calories on Sunday, I was careful yesterday, and I had 894 calories. I didn't eat anything after 6PM, so I'm not sure why I'm up a lb, but I know it's just silly weight fluctuation. It would be impossible for me to gain an actual lb under these circumstances.

I didn't end up cross country skiing or doing any exercise last night. :( For some reason, I was exhausted when I got home from work. I don't know if it's because I'm still getting better, or if it was because it was the first time I spent an entire day in the office in over three months, but I suspect it was a combination of those things, as well as the fact that I was staring at a computer screen for nearly 8 hrs straight. Normally I have more meetings to break up the day, but yesterday, it was non-stop. My eyes were killing me at the end of the day. When I work from home, I often put in a full day but I take breaks so it makes a difference.

I also had major back pain last night. I know the chair in the office I was in was the culprit. When my back is injured, it's so picky, and it still hasn't healed from when I pulled a muscle, then fell down the stairs, then injured it some more from working out. I have good days and slightly worse days, and last night was bad. I went shopping for some suits, since I'm planning to spend more time in the office, and two of my five suits are waaaay too big in the legs now (but perfectly fine in the jacket), but they look silly, and one of them is starting to fall apart from overuse!

I bought 2 new suits at Macy's. One of them is a bit tight on me now, but that's the idea. I would hate to waste money on a suit that fits me now that will hopefully be too big for me shortly. I can wear the one that is a bit tight now, and I can just wear it better going forward. The other suit won't fit me for at least another 20 lbs or so, and I have a feeling I'll get some good use out of it before it's too big for me.

I went to Kohl's after that to get some tops to wear under the suits. I buy these plain color ribbed shirts that they sell. They are always on sale, and I have 3-4 in many different colors. Last night they were $9.99. Quite a bargain. During all this shopping, my back was killing me. I couldn't even hold my clothes - Darcy had to. This was after I took 3 advil liquid gels. I'm thinking of going to the MD, but I'm sure there's nothing they can do...

Our last stop was Target. We needed some food, and I didn't feel like going all the way to the grocery store with my bad back and exhaustion. Target was across the street from Kohls. Ever since I had the terrible organic foods experience in Florida, I've been getting lazier about trying to stay away from processed foods, and last night, I went overboard.

I was able to find organic milk, so that's good, but then I bought 10 frozen diet meals (which I always try to avoid), canned fruit, cereal bars, tuna on the go, whole grain goldfish crackers and Jimmy Dean's D'Light egg white and turkey sausage breakfast sandwiches. I never eat foods like that, and I don't want to get in the habit of it either...It's just soooo easy, but I have to remind myself that what I put in my body needs to be a top priority for me. I need to make time to choose health over convenience, even if the convenience comes in a tasty, low fat and low calorie package! :)

I bill by the hour for my consulting fee, so I will probably put about 8 hrs in the office today (7:30 - 3:30) and then come home and work out. If Darcy isn't still sore from skiing on Saturday, I really want to go this afternoon. Let's hope she remembers to buy new poles today!! Otherwise, I'm going to the gym. I may put a few more hours of work in from home tonight after I'm done exercising, but if I'm exhausted, I'll just do the 8.

Hopefully my pesky new lb, and more, will be gone tomorrow. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to have an early morning blog entry again. Up a pound.....frustrating I know. With the very low amount of calories you are putting in your body how can that even be possible. I am sure I have put 1400 calories in my body in one meal.

Don't get too tuckered out, Get to the gym tonight with or without the Darc.

Alison... said...

You don't want to get into the habit of eating frozen meals so you purchased 10?

I found that to be amusing.

Sorry you're up a pound but it'll be gone today.

Kristen said...

LOL...they are for emergencies. I'd rather eat a frozen diet meal o' sodium than something fattening.