Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Oooops


I'm losing the battle against PMS this week...although I can't even say that because I stopped fighting. Last week, when my weight kept creeping up even though I was eating healthy, I got annoyed, coupled with my extreme PMS hunger, and I decided I would eat whatever I wanted since I was going to weigh more for the next week or so anyway - what's the difference?
-
Well, several days later, I can tell you what the difference is - 6 lbs. Now, I started off a week and a half ago with a renewed plan, and I was down 6 lbs in a few days. Then I started to get bloated, and the 6 lbs was back overnight. That was a week ago, and now I've managed to find another 6 lbs. Way to go!
-
I could let myself continue to spiral until the PMS and bloat ends, but I don't feel like it. I really don't like eating that much junk, even if my hormones appear to be demanding it. If my PMS continues to make me feel STARVING, as it has been, I will just eat healthy foods until I'm not starving. Then I won't be tempted to eat unhealthy foods, due to my STARVATION. LOL
-
I updated my number on fitday, and now I want to lose 86 lbs from where I am now. Yes, I'm moving in the wrong direction once again, but once again I'm stopping the insanity. PMS is something I'll have to deal with for at least the next decade, and I don't really have any good coping mechanisms in place.
-
My hormones were so out of whack due to my extra weight, that I never really experienced PMS until recently. On Saturday night, I rented a sad movie because I thought it would be fun to sit on the couch and have a good cry. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? Who AM I??? I need a plan to combat all of the annoyances that my hormones bring, and it's all new to me, so I haven't been making the best choices - BUT I'm learning!
-
I do think my plan to increase my food with healthy choices during the times my hormones cause me to feel like I'm literally starving is a good start. If any of you long time PMS sufferers have tips for this newbie, please share them! I don't want to eat my way through junk for one week a month for the next decade or more!

5 comments:

Accountant said...

I have one piece of advice for you...do NOT buy a gun.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you need to go for a fill. Yiou are way overdue and you are always so dilligent whenyou have one. It might be just what you need to kickstart you into an excellerated weight loss.


Sad movies......God you weren't watching a video of me in the 80's with feathered hair and parachute pants. That was sad...very very sad.

Alison... said...

Sad movie?

Ya, who are you?

did you actually cry?

yikes.

Sounds like you have a good plan in place to combat the dreaded hormones!

lanie said...

Ah yeah-try two more decades!LOL Eating high carb. junk and sugar is a vicious circle-it will make cravings even worse! Pull Kristen out of your back-pocket and tell her you need her strength. She always pulls through! Words of wisdom from the Poutine Queen!

Kristen said...

LOL! So, no gun, get a fill, listen to my own advice, is that it?!