Friday, February 6, 2009

More winter fun

The structural work for our home is finally completed. The guys did a great job. Still, from all the clean up yesterday, so much dirt and dust and mold was stirred up in the house, Darcy and I are both having trouble breathing. We are going to escape this house tonight - they said it would be 2 days for the dust to settle, and then we could do a thorough cleaning and get rid of most of it.

We have booked a room at a very charming inn up north. We have a King room with a sitting area, fireplace, jacuzzi tub, etc... More exciting to me, is the heated pool and heated waterfall hot tub!

I'm working a half day today, meeting up with friends for lunch, and then we're heading up north. We are bringing our XC skis with us, as there are a number of trails where we are going. I'd like to get in a little skiing this afternoon, and a little more tomorrow morning before we go tubing!

I must say, I definitely resent winter less when I play with it. :)

Just give it a try!

4 comments:

Alison... said...

Every situation in your life turns into a vacation, doesn't it?

;-)

Sounds like a great place actually, have a blast!

Kristen said...

LOL

Yes, I suppose it does!

Life is short, and how many times will I have this flexibility (not to mention 2 incomes), so why not?!

:)

Stephanie Carnes said...

Sounds so fun!! I'm glad you won't be breathing in that junk.

Anonymous said...

It does sound fun. Watch over The Darc!!