Thursday, September 3, 2009

They grow us big in TX

I met a friend of my Mom's once when I was very young.  I asked her why she was so big, and she told me, "They grow us big in Texas!"

What's my excuse?  ;-)

I never bothered to take my measurements when I was first starting this journey, but I decided to today.  Sometimes it's annoying to watch the scale, and it can be helpful to see the inches shrink away, even if the number on the scale isn't moving.  Plus, it's just a good thing to do.

As of right now, my thigh is about the circumference of my future waist.  We have some work to do.  LOL.  I told this to Darcy, and she reminded me that my legs are extremely muscular.  That's very nice of her, but I assure you, they aren't *that* muscular.  LOL.  Not enough to be the size of a waist.

I went hiking with the dog for about an hour this morning.  I really enjoyed it, and I know he did too.  I'm waiting for the membership director at the YMCA to call me back so that I can see about getting a free pass to try it out for a week.  Hopefully I'll hear from him soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As they say at Nike...Just do it!! I already see the inches shrinking

Alison... said...

Your legs can't possibly be the size you want your waist to be, come on now.

good job on hiking though!