Thursday, September 24, 2009

I never met a mirror I didn't like



I kid. This is my head shot...not a bad pic. Alison blogged earlier this week about how some mirrors are flattering, and others are mean, and I commented to her that I try to avoid mirrors in rooms with bad lighting. I'd rather talk myself into thinking I look better than I really do.

Sadly, those days have been limited lately. I am in the middle of a huge war against PMS. I am losing...badly. My weight fluctuates every day. I have good days, and I lose 2-3 lbs, and then I have bad days, and I gain it back. I'm starving constantly, I'm craving foods I don't even like, my face looks like a bloated pepperoni pizza, my clothes are tight, my skin is washed out, I'm tired, and I'm just having a really ugly week.

I know - so hard to imagine! ;-)

I can't wait for this to end. I've been trying to be so good, and I'll be perfect until I get home from work, and then I fall off the wagon. Each day I start new, but the hunger gets the best of me. It's gross, really.

I know there is light at the end of my tunnel, and I know I'm quickly approaching said light. I can't wait, because I'm really looking forward to the giant kickstart of chemical free week which starts next Monday. I think it's going to be a great thing for me.

Until then, if in your trails, you happen to pass a pimply faced fatso, pushing her polyester pants to the limit, be gentle.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I find it hard to believe that someone with your self confidence has days like that. Even if you were more self deprecating like AF or myself, but I rarely see this side of you. Funny post. We all have those days. I myself find I look more like my father every day and it is only my love of M&M's that stops me from throwing myself off he nearest rooftop. Especially since I look like my father did at 62 right before he died.

You will be slim, beautiful, and pepperoni free very soon.

Alison... said...

hard to imagine you having an ugly week?

LOL

you're precious.

Kristen said...

I winked - it was a joke.

Kristen said...

Proper response: you're *not* having an ugly week, Kristen. LOL

Unknown said...

Yes, I know it's a joke!

Doy