Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day 2

Day one was a success. Darcy and I both stuck to the all natural food commitment we had made - even though I had to throw a pizza party at work. I ate my little organic meal, while everyone around me at delicious pizza. I really didn't want any, though. When I'm ready to commit, I'm focused.

Darcy is worried we aren't going to lose any weight, because all natural foods aren't low fat or low in calories. I'm hoping that if we eat moderate portions, and focus on getting lots of fruits, veggies, naturally lean meats, and whole grains in, our bodies will forgive the fact that we have to cook our foods with oil or natural butter, when necessary...but we'll see. The scale will tell the tale. That's part of the experiment. Obviously, I have to lose weight. If I can't lose weight this way, I'll have to compromise, and then I can just live like this once I'm maintaining.

So far, so good. I was down 3 lbs today, but of course that was just 3 lbs I was up my my bday and weekend away, but still, I'm glad to see it gone in one day. Darcy made a delicious dinner last night of chicken legs/thighs marinated in a red wine/olive oil vinaigrette, fresh seasoned green beans and an all natural pasta pesto. I have the leftovers for lunch today.

Darcy packed me a nice lunch today, with 2 apples, an orange, celery and carrots, hummus, a banana, milk for my cereal, and the leftovers. Oh yeah, and some all natural chips, just in case I want something snacky. Obviously, that's more food that I will eat during the day, but it will be good to have all that fruit on hand here. I had my cereal already, and when I'm hungry mid morning, I'll have my banana.

As far as how I'm feeling - there's no huge change yet, although it's only been a day. My allergies are still bothering me quite a bit, and I've been sleeping 9 hours/night to compensate for them. When I got home from work, I was so tired, all I did last night was read my book and watch tv, again.

I have an essay due tonight for class, so I need to hunker down when I get home from work tonight. No relaxation for this tired kid. It would be nice to have some caffeine to help me through it, and even though there are all natural coffees, I want to be stimulant free this week too, so I'm not going to do it. What's the worst that could happen? I'll tarnish my 100 streak and get a B? I'm okay with that.

That's all for now!

4 comments:

Alison... said...

Good job on sticking with the all natural diet. I am anxious to find out the results at the end of the week.

Kristen said...

I was talking with a woman I work with about it, and she said she's been pretty much 100% all natural (not fanatical, will eat out and go to other people's homes without having crazy requirements) for years, and she said you have to...you just have to! If you don't, you're just poisoning your body. She is in extremely good shape, and she's probably 25+ years older than me. Thin and trim and completely fit.

Alison... said...

Wow, interesting... worth it to make the effort - like anything I suppose.

Anonymous said...

Well sounds like you have given yourself a lot of choices foodwise so that will help with the success. I say that while eating pretzel goldfish. Ni chemicals in these right??????