Friday, September 11, 2009

Activity

I'm limited on the foods I can eat since my band is so tight, but I'm not focusing on that or letting that get in my way. I swam a lot in the ocean yesterday, and last night, we went to the boardwalk, and walked for a few miles. It felt great.

Today I have been in session all morning, but I'm going to try to get out there and do some laps to get my blood flowing. I sometimes have nervous energy before I'm speaking somewhere, but I don't really feel that today.

They have jet ski rentals and kayak rentals too. I just called and the jet ski rentals are $75 for a half hour, and the kayak rentals are apparently a separate deal, so they have no idea, but either way, it looks fun.

It's 11:25 - I'm speaking at 3:15, so I need to get down there around 2:45 to set up. I will need to shower (again after swimming) and get ready, and I'll probably do a dry run of the presentation, so I should get back to my room at 1:30 to have time for all that. That gives me 2 hours of fun in the sun.

Let's go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun!! Don't sweat the speech, I am sure you could do it in your sleep. You always operate better just talking off the cuff.

Do not get swept out to sea...lol

Alison... said...

turns out that you loved ocean kayaking... sounded like fun.