Saturday, April 4, 2009

Old Blue Eyes

Poor Darcy felt terrible yesterday, so we went for Italian food for dinner again, so she could have her comfort food. We picked a place that has Frank Sinatra's old chef. Naturally, they didn't mind when I ordered my meal, my way, as opposed to the options on the menu.

I had Chicken Saltimbocca. I've never ordered that before, but Alison always gets it, and loves it, and it sounded fantastic, and it WAS. After my salad and the bread, I wasn't hungry at all, but I managed to get through half of it! Their portions weren't as obscene as many other Italian restaurants, so I guess that wasn't thaaat bad...

I had way too much salt yesterday, even though I worked out and walked 2 miles and drank a ton of water, I was up a half a lb today. As of this morning, I'm the same weight I was last Saturday, so I didn't gain any weight this week (except for the 3 lbs I'd lost during the week! :( ), and that's a good thing.

I have 2 more days of this trip, and I'm looking forward to getting home Monday, and eating my healthy foods. I really want to lose weight before my MD appointment on 4/8.

We didn't end up doing any of the things we were planning yesterday. Poor Darcy was so sick. She finally got up around 11:30, we went to lunch, came back to the resort, went to the pool area for about 2 hrs, came back to the room and watched a movie, went to dinner, went to a comedy show, and then went to bed around 9:30, which has been pretty much our bed time this entire trip.

I'm going to try again today to drink lots of water, avoid salt, and hopefully be down that 3 lbs again by tomorrow. That would be a nice going home prize for me. :)

2 comments:

Alison... said...

That's too bad that lil Darce is sick...

:(

and you too!

:( :(

Glad you enjoyed the Chix Saltimboca... I'm hungry now!

You apparently found a scale there... God Luv ya.

Enjoy the weekend!

Anonymous said...

Tell "The" I hope she feels better. How are you doing?

The restaurant sounds fabulous. I just had a slice from papa ginos...somehow not quite the same...lol