Saturday, April 11, 2009

Hooray for spring!!!

The spring is finally here, and I couldn't wait to grill out. Our grill was old, and we should have replaced it two years ago, but we never got around to it. I wanted an upgrade, but I didn't want to spend a huge amount of money. I'm really pleased with the purchase!


Last night, Stephanie and Carolyn came over for a little BBQ. I made steak tips, chicken strips, corn on the cob and asparagus. Everything came out well, and it was so nice to eat on the grill! We ate out at the picnic table by the water. The winter is FINALLY over, at long last!

I used a marinade that I always use, especially when I'm in a rush. I just tenderize the meat and marinate it in fat free italian dressing and low sodium soy sauce. When I have more time, sometimes I add in spices, etc, but it's really not necessary. The two ingredients blend together really well. People often ask me if I get my meat from a meat shop. I used to, but not anymore. It's low fat/calorie and tasty!

For the corn, I just spray it down with butter spray and a little salt, wrap it in tinfoil and grill. It's ready to eat when you unwrap it. I always buy Bearnaise mix for the asparagus, and I spray the asparagus with butter spray, sprinkle on the Bearnaise mix, and grill it in tinfoil. It's easy and delicious.

It's cool and overcast today, but after the weekend, it's supposed to be sunny and warm all week. I'm hoping I'll be better because I'm planning on hiking, kayaking and biking in the nice weather!

3 comments:

Alison... said...

I wore shorts and sandals to work to will warmer weather but it didn't work!

It'll be warm soon.

Grill looks awesome - good job!

Carmen said...

I LOVE grilling! The crazy thing about us California folk...we pretty much do it year round. It just happens a little more frequently when the weather warms. You have totally inspired me. We are grilling for Easter!

Anonymous said...

Looks delish. Love the grill it looks like mine. As a matter of fact you are making me jones for some steak tips and it is 8 am...lol