Monday, April 13, 2009

Let them eat cake!

Darcy and I are going to Portsmouth for her birthday tomorrow, so I made her birthday meal yesterday. She wanted roast beef and fixins, so that's what she got. It was good. I made a mushroom gravy to change things up a bit, and it was good.

Her favorite cake is a lemon cake with vanilla frosting. I decided to do a butter cream frosting with a freshly squeezed lemon glaze on top of that, and it was an indulgent, yet deletable, addition. I'm not sure if you can see the cake properly in the picture above. Here is another one:


I used the lemon rinds to decorate the cake. Why not, right?

I'm not a cake person, but I've been eating too much of this cake. I'm craving sweets lately, and I'm just not myself. I'm still not back to myself yet. I fell asleep at 10 last night, and I had to drag myself out of bed at 8 this morning. I had a pretty relaxing weekend, so there's no reason I should be this tired.

I should be doing much better by the end of this week, and if I'm still feeling tired and weak, I'm going to see my MD. I'm getting the rest I should, and I'm taking it easy.

PS - Today is Krissy's birthday - Happy Birthday, Li'l K!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Alison... said...

Everything was beyond delish, thanks!

sorry you're still feeling weak, that is not good.

Def call the dr if it continues.

Have fun at the concert

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize the Darc was 80 with her lemon cake....lol.

Sorry you are still not feeling strong yet. Maybe some vitamin supplements