Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Little Italy, San Diego Style

Little Italy in San Diego is just that. Very little, but oh so cute and charming. It's certainly not comparable to the North End in Boston, but it's great for California! We had dinner at Mimmo's, pictured in the background above. It was good, and we were all happy with our meals.


The inside of the restaurant was decorated like a set of old town Italy. It was oozing charm. It reminded me of Epcot Italy and TJ said it reminded him of Vegas. It wasn't authentic, but it sure was cute.

I had waited all day to take my last pill, as they make me sick to my stomach and I couldn't chance it. I took it with a handful of goldfish in the hotel room, but when I arrived at the restaurant, I was starving, and I had bread to soothe my hunger and possible stomach pain from the meds. By the time my dinner came, I wasn't hungry at all.

Darcy had lasagna, that she loved. TJ had Pomodoro over linguini with chicken, that he loved. I had penne al pesto with chicken. It was on the greasy side, but I let the few bites I had drip dry before I ate them. The pesto was good, and the chicken was really tender. I kind of felt bad leaving a whole plate of food, but I don't take home unhealthy leftovers, and there's no kitchenette at the hotel, so it wasn't meant to be either way.

The lights are off in the hotel room, as Darcy is still sleeping (it's 6:30 AM, PST), but I caught a gander of my face in the mirror, and I look very bloated today. It was probably a combination of the bread, salt, and eating right before I went to bed. Either way, I want to find a scale so I can find out where I am with things.

I think a big reason people gain weight on vacation (aside from the fact that vacation is the universal dieters exception to the rule) is that they can't see how much weight they are actually gaining because there are no scales to be found! I will not let that be my fate, my friends. :)

I'm off to find a scale. I'll buy one if I have to. It keeps me on track...what can I say?

I rented a convertible for the drive to Palm Springs today. Fun! I hope it's not another Sebring, but I'm sure it will be. They are cute enough, but the nose of the car is like a cruise ship, and the trunk has absolutely no space. It just doesn't make sense. That's okay, it's worth it to have the sun beating down on me while I cruise through Cali.

Darcy's never been to LA, and I'm thinking that one day we'll take a day trip while we're here. It's about an hour and 45 minutes from Palm Springs. That's a lot for a day trip, but I'll see if it's worth it to her. I think she'd love to see the sunset strip and rodeo drive...such tourist traps, but it's still really neat to see...

I'm off to find a scale!

2 comments:

Alison... said...

Off to find a scale?

LOL

stoop.

Your dinner sounds great, I love pesto...

I'm hungry!

Have a great drive to Palm Springs!

Anonymous said...

I hoper you have fun in P.S. It was fun traveling with you both