Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bit O Country

Poor Darcy is sick. She doesn't have pneumonia, but she's definitely coming down with a bad cold. We went to a grocery store this morning to stock up on cough drops and cold medicine. I asked the woman at the checkout if she recommended any breakfast places, and she said she and her boyfriend really like a place called Bit O Country, so that settled that!

It was a cute little diner, and *very* reasonably priced - something that was a first for us since we arrived in CA!

This is what I ordered:

V></DIV>

Yikes! LOL. I ended up having 1 piece of bacon, 1 and a half eggs, and the english muffin. My plate still looked full when I was done with it, but I had managed to eat 10 points worth of food! I'm going to have to be careful the rest of the day.

I have been within my points every day since I've been here. I finally found a scale today, and I'm not sure if it's the same as the one at my house, but I'm sure it's close enough, which means I'm on the right track. According to this scale, I'm down about a lb since I got here. If that's true, I'm pleased because eating out is always dicey.

I'm not sure where we're eating for lunch, but I get obsessed with food on vacation. Going out to eat is one of the most fun things to do on vacation (for me at least), because you get to see different pieces of local color, EAT, people watch, etc..., I just love it. At breakfast, the couple behind me was paying their tab and already talking about where they were going to go for lunch - Those are my people! LOL

Darcy is sick, so we'll go wherever she wants - whatever she thinks will make her feel better. It's almost 10:30 PST right now. I'm supposed to wake her up from her nap at 11. If she's up to it, we're going on a tram ride to see the sights from the sky! I think that will be fun!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor "The Darc", tell her i hope she feels better. The place looks awesome, maybe I should have come...lol

Alison... said...

2 lil sicky's on vaca...

:(

at least you'll have a nice relaxing time since you're both a little down and out.

the food looks good but ya, big portions - wow.

glad you're staying on track, it's tough to do while eating out all the time, good job!