Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Adventures of Phat-So?!

After breakfast and our morning walk, we sat out by the pool for a while. I wanted to check out the area by the water, so I went for a walk.

These trees were scattered throughout the Marina Park I toured.

There was a military base nearby, and their boats were speeding past me in the ocean.

There were a bunch of cute shops and restaurants along the boardwalk.


Here are some of the ships in the Marina that was attached to our hotel:


Here is a view of our hotel from the other side:

We had lunch at a cute little Hawaiian style restaurant. I want to go to Hawaii!

I got a free upgrade from a Sebring to a Mustang convertible. Gotta use that smile God gave you! ;-) I learned that from my Mother.

We have a ton of pictures of the resort in Palm Springs, and the pool area, but they didn't come out great - I'll do a better job today. Here is a bed that they have out by the pool area - there are several that you can use, if you really want to redefine the meaning of relaxing by the pool!

At dusk, I took this picture from the pool area. You can see the beautiful backdrop of mountains in the distance.


The resort is fabulous. Truly. The room is amazing.

We went to downtown Palm Springs last night, and walked just about the whole main drag. I did okay at first, but after a while, I was having trouble breathing, and I ended up having a bit of a coughing fit, but I recovered!

I had a yummy dinner of pot stickers and asparagus. We met a friend at the resort who was meeting up with her friends tomorrow, but didn't have anyone to have dinner with, so we invited her to join us. It was great because she's been to Palm Springs before, and she showed us all around!

She, like everyone else I've met from the West Coast, is super nice. She's also 45, and she looks like she's younger than me. I swear there's something in the air out here...

When we were in San Diego, we were surrounded by people from all over the country because of the hotel's proximity to the convention center. Now that we are in Palm Springs, it's a different crowd. Everyone, almost everyone, is thin. Whenever I visit areas where everyone is thin, I always want to move there.

I know that some overweight people may feel the opposite, but I just feel like it's a healthier environment. People are really health conscious, and I think it's a good element to have in life.

The last time I was in California, I weighed at least 160 lbs more than I do now...maybe more...and I was in LA! I still wanted to move out here then, so that I could have a better shot at living a healthy life.

Darcy loves it out here. She wants to move to Palm Springs. Two days ago, she wanted to move to San Deigo, and 2 months ago she wanted to move to Key West, but that was a few days after she wanted to move to Ft. Lauderdale. LOL - everywhere we go (that's warm), Darcy just wants to stay.

I don't blame her, I'm the same way, although I didn't feel inclined to move to San Diego or Palm Springs. I really do want to be in a warm climate, at least for the winter. If I can consult full time, I would really like to live somewhere warm (palm trees are a must) for the winter, and live at home in the summer and fall.

Then I can always do my cardio outside! It's a dream come true.

Speaking of cardio, I can't wait to get back to working out. I've been walking more and more each day.

Yesterday, between our morning walk, my midday walk, and our evening walk, I definitely got a few miles in. Nothing heroic, but I'm trying to build my strength back up.

It's 6:30 AM now, and I'm going to try to hunt down some breakfast! :)

3 comments:

Alison... said...

The place looks wonderful!

Glad you're having such a nice time and living anywhere where you can be outside to exercise all year round is a great idea -

enjoy

Kitty said...

When you dream it and conceive it, you can have it and achieve it! ...my newest favorite saying/philosophy

We have the same dream... to be warm all year round... I can work from any location... preferably under a palm tree (with a bar near by)

looks gorgeous out there... so glad you're enjoying the trip

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful and way more fun than my day of killing 10.5 hours waiting for a plane...lol